Posted by Jamie Anderson on Friday, August 31, 2012 Under: Outside Opportunity
Paid Campus Ambassador for a Well Funded Tech Startup
InternMatch.com is a San Francisco based technology start-up that is looking to transform how students and young professionals find internships. We are funded by top Silicon Valley investors including Dave McClure and Mitch Kapor, InternMatch, has quickly grown to be the largest internship platform in the country with customers including Yelp, Pixar, Kiva, CBS, and many more.
We are looking for rock star campus ambassadors who can create and implement creative marketing campaigns and help the site take off on your campus. Our 10-week internship program is led by our Growth Marketing Manager who conducts weekly meetings and training workshops to help you develop marketing skills and become proficient in everything from pitching to UX research. Ultimately your goal will be to make a substantial increase in the number of students who are aware of the site and using it to find their next internship.
What you will learn:
- How to conduct user experience research
- Guerilla marketing strategies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies
- How to pitch to a large audience
- We offer one-on-one mentorship
- Lessons on how to use professional marketing software (like Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and more)
- Private speaker series, which in the past has included speakers like Maneesh Arora, a former Director of Business Development at Google.
- We also have connections to many top employers, and nothing makes our day more than helping a former intern land a job at places like Yelp, Microsoft, Edelman PR, etc.
What we are looking for.
We prefer to work with self-starters who are hard working, outgoing, and like to think outside the box. We don’t have any experience requirements, but we prefer students who are Sophomores or Juniors and have gotten involved in at least one extracurricular on campus (can be a Greek house, club or something totally different).
The position has flexible hours with most weeks requiring between 4-5 hours of work, typically split between strategizing new campaigns and implementation. Campus ambassadors will be paid commission for each sign up as well as cash performance bonuses for hitting certain goals.
If interested, please send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why they are interested in working at InternMatch to Jonathan Lau - firstname.lastname@example.org.
In : Outside Opportunity
blog comments powered by Disqus